REMAP is a UK wide charity with skilled volunteers who design and make or adapt equipment free of charge for disabled people.
- You will be communicating referrals from health professionals, disabled people, and other individuals to members of your branch.
- You will have an excellent telephone manner being warm, approachable, and confident.
- You must be available to receive and initiate telephone contact with clients and healthcare professionals during normal working hours.
Volunteering for REMAP means you can:
- Make a significant difference to somebody’s life in your local area.
- Enjoy the opportunity to meet other, like-minded people who choose to be a part of such a rewarding cause.
- Receive recognition for the skills and experience you bring to your branch, and the people we’re helping
Typical Duties Summary:
• Keeping client records secure and up to date in line with GDPR
• Participate in case discussions at branch meetings.
• Dissemination of data
• Answering enquiries by telephone or email
• Communication with branch members
We can support you to develop the skills you need for this role, including an induction into
all the areas outlined. You will have the opportunity to discuss your role and any additional
needs with us.
- Access to a computer, and the ability to work from home, where the post is based, are essential.
- You must have good IT and organisational skills that include Microsoft Office, the internet and email. Some online database experience would be useful but the ability to pick up this new technology is necessary.
- You will be required to attend bimonthly branch meetings in the local area.
- This is a voluntary role, but any out-of-pocket expenses will be refunded.
- Surrey Remap volunteers carry on their duties as they are needed. There are no time limits or set working hours.
• Able to apply disability, equality, and inclusion practices.
• Able to keep people’s personal details safe.
• Committed to our values.
• Enjoy working as part of a team.
• Willing to develop skills and experience.
• Undertake a DBS check and be 18+