The contents of just 3 collection tins could offer a family with a child recently diagnosed with cancer an emergency grant of £170.
CLIC Sargent is looking for volunteers to coordinate collection tins in Guildford and the wider area.
- Seeking out new locations where a collection tin can be hosted, e.g. local businesses, restaurants and other spaces
- Building relationships with new and existing tin locations and letting them know about upcoming CLIC Sargent campaigns
- Picking up full tins from your local community and replacing them with empty tins four times per year, June, September, December and March
- Ensuring good customer service by issuing a receipt to the business and paying in the funds to CLIC Sargent – this is a really important part of the role
- Keeping accurate records of the total raised from each tin
- Keeping in touch with your local Fundraising Engagement Manager, keeping them up to date with your progres
What we'll give you
Your dedicated Fundraising Engagement Manager will support you in your role and
- You'll get an induction into CLIC Sargent and our work
- Your volunteering will have a big impact on our continued fight for young lives against cancer and our drive to reach even more young lives
- We'll cover your expenses for the time that you volunteer with us
- You will gain experience in community fundraising by leading on an important source of funds for CLIC Sargent, and by maintaining relationships with the businesses in your local area
- There is also the opportunity to develop this role by participating in other areas of fundraising if you would like to do so